This is a list of publications by project team members relating to learning spaces and teaching. This list includes publications arising from projects other than ILETC.
- Young, F., Cleveland, B. & Imms, W. (2020). The affordances of innovative learning environments for deep learning: educators’ and architects’ perceptions. Australian Educational Resercher, 47, pp.721–723. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13384-019-00356-w
- Mahat, M., & Imms, W. (2020). The space design and use survey: Establishing a reliable measure of educators’ perceptions of the use of learning environments. The Australian Educational Researcher, 1-20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13384-020-00382-z
- Leighton, V. & Byers, T. (2020) All innovative learning environments have one factor in common: A spatially active teacher. Australian Education Leader (AEL), Vol 42, Term 1 2020
- French, R., Imms, W., & Mahat, M. (2019). Case studies on the transition from traditional classrooms to innovative learning environments: Emerging strategies for success. Improving Schools. https://doi.org/10.1177/1365480219894408
- Young, F., Cleveland, B. & Imms, W. Aust. Educ. Res. (2019). The affordances of innovative learning environments for deep learning: educators’ and architects’ perceptions. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13384-019-00354-y
- Imms, W (2018). Aligning pedagogy and space: An Australian evidence-based approach. The Classroom has Broken: Changing School Architecture in Europe and Across the World. Editors: Borri, Samuele. 1: 91-108. INDIRE, Italy 2018
- Imms, W (2018). The proof is in the pudding! What user-research is telling us about value-for-money school buildings. Education Buildings Journal.
- Bradbeer, C. (2017) If teacher collaboration in ILEs is the answer, then what was the question? Education Review, Vol. 8 (5). pp.5-6.
- Imms, W. (2017) Transitions: Melbourne, London, Grand Rapids. Learning Spaces. 3.4, pp.74-76. Teaching Times: Birmingham. (pdf)
- Bradbeer, C., Mahat, M., Byers, T. Cleveland, B., Kvan, T. & Imms, W. (2017). The ‘state of play’ concerning New Zealand’s transition to innovative learning environments: Preliminary results from phase one of the ILETC project. Journal of Educational Leadership, Policy and Practice, 32(1), 22-38.
- Byers, T. & Imms, W. (2017) Solution? Evolution? or Revolution? Learning Spaces, 3.3, pp. 50-58. Teaching Times: Birmingham. (pdf)
- Imms, W. & Byers, T. (2017) Impact of classroom design on teacher pedagogy and student engagement and performance in mathematics, Learning Environments Research, 20: 139. doi:10.1007/s10984-016-9210-0
- Young, F., & Murray, G. (2016), Designing for Serious Play. In S. Lynch, D. Pike and C. à Beckett (eds.), Multidisciplinary Perspectives of Play from Early Childhood and Beyond, Springer (forthcoming).
- McEntee, K, Brandalise, I., Goncalves, R.D, Riendeau, S., Thao, K. & Grocott, L. (2016) Archipelago of possibilities: Priming teachers to reflect on intrinsic motivations for change. Pilot project report. ILETC Project: The University of Melbourne.
- Imms, W., & Byers, T. (2016). Impact of classroom design on teacher pedagogy and student engagement and performance in mathematics. Learning Environments Research, 1-14.
- Byers, T. (2016) Learning environments for a new generation. Atrium, 29: 2016, p4-5. University of Melbourne: Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning.
- Byers, T. & Imms, W. (2016). Does the space make the difference? An empirical retrospective of the impact of the physical learning environment on teaching and learning evaluated by the New Generation Learning Spaces project. Anglican Church Grammar School: Brisbane.
- Byers, T. & Imms, W. (2014). Making the case for space: The effect of classroom layout on teacher and student usage and perceptions of one to one technology. Peer-reviewed full paper, published in conference proceedings, pp61-69. Australian Computers in Schools Conference, Adelaide September 30th – October 3rd. DOI: 10.13140/2.1.1849.7288.
- Imms, W., Kvan, T. (Eds.) (2021) Teacher Transition into Innovative Learning Environments: A Global Perspective, Springer Nature: Singapore doi: 10.1007/978-981-15-7497-9
- Imms, W., Cleveland, B. & Fisher, K. (Eds.) (2016) Evaluating Learning Environments, Snapshots of Emerging Issues, Methods and Knowledge, Sense Publishers: Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Fisher, Kenn (Ed.). (2016) The Translational Design of Schools: An Evidence-Based Approach to Aligning Pedagogy and Learning Environments, Sense Publishers: Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Imms, W, Innovative learning spaces: Catalysts/agents for change, or ‘just another fad’?, School Space and Its Occupation Conceptualising and Evaluating Innovative Learning Environments, 2018, 1, pp. 107 – 120