Project update no.1 March 2016
The project initiation stage is almost complete, with finalisation of all partner agreements expected in the coming weeks.
To date the project team have been working hard to establish key positions and project infrastructure. Our achievements to date:
- The project was awarded in July 2015. In the initial 6 months contracts between the University of Melbourne and all partner organisations were negotiated and drafted.
- Three Phds have so far been accepted to the project, with plans to identify and appoint 2 more.
- A pilot project to develop a tool for teachers to evaluate how they adapted their teaching practices was conducted by 4 Masters students at the Parsons School of Design, at The New School in New York, under the guidance of A/Prof. Lisa Grocott.
- Project manager, Joann Cattlin recruited and appointed with funding provided by The University of Melbourne.
- Project office established at The University of Melbourne, collocated with Learning Environments Applied Research Network, in the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning.
- Contracts with partner organisations amended and will shortly be circulated for final approval and signature.
- Project management team and project manager initiate administrative processes to establish research positions, commence ethics applications, website development, literature review and drafting research protocol.
- Anticipated project launch and initial meeting of project team with partner organisations in April/May 2016.