3 events in 2017…
Transitions Australasia – Friday 2nd June 2017 @ the University of Melbourne. Registration now open.
Transitions Europe – Thursday 7th September 2017 @ Saint Gobain Innovation Centre, London (registration opening soon, click here to receive alert)
Transitions North America – Thursday 14th September 2017 @ Steelcase Education Centre, Grand Rapids, Michigan.(registration opening soon, click here to receive alert)
What is TRANSITIONS?
- A public research conference providing an opportunity for selected graduate and early career researchers to present their research across an international audience.
- 3 events across 3 continents
- Each event will follow the same format, but featuring different speakers in each location. Each will commence with a keynote presentation followed by presentations from graduate and early career researchers. There will be opportunities for questions and discussion facilitated by leading academics and experts in the field. Lunch and breaks will provide opportunities for discussion and networking.
- A full conference proceedings for each event and an edited book of selected papers from across all 3 events.
- Part of a growing international network of educators, architects, researchers and peak groups, researching and working to build understanding of how learning spaces influence teaching and learning in schools, hospitals, universities and libraries.
In 2017 the symposia will consider the move from traditional classrooms to what are being called innovative learning environments (ILEs) – a diversity of highly ﬂexible spaces, purpose-built furniture, and ubiquitous ICT, arguably present opportunities for teaching not previously possible.
TRANSITIONS will explore:
- How well are teachers making this transition?
- Are these spaces facilitating any improvement in teaching practices?
- What evidence exists that these spaces are improving student experiences and learning?
- What is needed to help teachers better utilise space as one of their pedagogic tools?
Who will present:
- Abstracts of papers are now being requested from beginning, established, or recently completed graduate researchers (Masters and PhD level, or equivalent), for one of the three events scheduled above. (Melbourne event abstract submission now closed).
- Those selected for presentation will be required to submit a draft paper prior to the event and full paper following the event (for inclusion in proceedings).
- If you feel your research informs this topic you are encouraged to submit a 300 word abstract via the link below.
- Further information including abstract guidelines, venues and event program are available here.
- Previous research symposia organised by the LEaRN team:
Abstracts due date: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FOR ALL EVENTS
TRANSITIONS Australasia 6th March, 2017 (Now closed)
- TRANSITIONS Europe 19th April, 2017
- TRANSITIONS USA 19th April 2017
(If abstracts submitted for the Australasian symposia are not selected, it will be possible to have these considered for the UK and USA symposia.)
Notification of selection:
- TRANSITIONS Australasia 3rd April, 2017
- TRANSITIONS Europe 15th May, 2017
- TRANSITIONS USA 15th May, 2017
Audience registration closing date:
- TRANSITIONS Australasia 5th May, 2017 (100 spaces available)
- TRANSITIONS Europe 3rd August, 2017 (75 spaces available)
- TRANSITIONS USA 3rd August, 2017 (75 spaces available)
For administration issues, including registration, please contact Joann Cattlin, ILETC Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: +61 3 9035 8694
For academic issues, please contact the symposium convenor: Associate Professor Wesley Imms, email@example.com