What is TRANSITIONS?
- A public research conference providing an opportunity for selected graduate and early career researchers to present their research across an international audience. Listen to a short podcast about the event by A/Prof. Wesley Imms.
- 3 events across 3 continents
- Each event will follow the same format, but featuring different speakers in each location. Each will commence with a keynote presentation followed by presentations from graduate and early career researchers. There will be opportunities for questions and discussion facilitated by leading academics and experts in the field. Lunch and breaks will provide opportunities for discussion and networking.
- A full conference proceedings for each event and an edited book of selected papers from across all 3 events.
- Part of a growing international network of educators, architects, researchers and peak groups, researching and working to build understanding of how learning spaces influence teaching and learning in schools, hospitals, universities and libraries.
In 2017 the symposia will consider the move from traditional classrooms to what are being called innovative learning environments (ILEs) – a diversity of highly ﬂexible spaces, purpose-built furniture, and ubiquitous ICT, arguably present opportunities for teaching not previously possible.
TRANSITIONS will explore:
- How well are teachers making this transition?
- Are these spaces facilitating any improvement in teaching practices?
- What evidence exists that these spaces are improving student experiences and learning?
- What is needed to help teachers better utilise space as one of their pedagogic tools?
Who will present:
- A call for papers attracted submissions from beginning, established, or recently completed graduate researchers (Masters and PhD level, or equivalent), for one of the three events scheduled above. All papers were double blind peer reviewed and selected for presentation on the basis of these reviews.
- Those selected for presentation will be required to submit a draft paper prior to the event and full paper following the event (for inclusion in proceedings).
- Call for papers information including abstract guidelines, venues and event program are available here.
Audience registration closing date:
- TRANSITIONS Europe 21st August, 2017
- TRANSITIONS USA 21st August, 2017
For administration issues, including registration, please contact Joann Cattlin, ILETC Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: +61 3 9035 8694
For academic issues, please contact the symposium convenor: Associate Professor Wesley Imms, email@example.com