The New Zealand Ministry of Education supports the development and use of innovative (or modern) learning environments in New Zealand schools with a range of websites, resources and funding initiatives:
- Innovative Learning Environments website provides a broad perspective on the Ministry’s policies using video and photos of schools with range of environments.
- Flexible Learning Spaces in Schools website provides tools and guidelines on school design, property management and space standards.
- Planning an innovative learning environment website – This guide provides strategies and suggestions for developing innovative learning environments (ILE) that work for all learners. It focuses on supporting schools that are planning a new build or building modifications.
- Enabling ELearning is an online hub supporting use of digital learning.
- Funding for a range of initiatives that support innovative approaches to teaching and learning;
- A range of videos on Youtube which capture the development of new schools, teachers and students insights into teaching and learning in these spaces.
- A virtual tour of Stonefields School, Auckland.
- Report of Inquiry into 21st century learning environments and digital literacy, Education and Science Committee, Fiftieth Parliament, (Nikki Kaye, Chairperson), December 2012
- Article by R Bolstad & J. Gilbert (2012), Supporting future-oriented learning & teaching — a New Zealand perspective, Report to the Ministry of Education, New Zealand Council for Educational Research
- OECD Centre for Effective Learning Environments website, Ministry of Education profile.