- 2 June 2017 – Transitions – LEARN International Graduate Research Symposium, Melbourne School of Design, The University of Melbourne. An international symposium bringing together graduate researchers in the field of learning environments research. Call for abstracts to open March 2017.(Also London, UK and Michigan, USA)
- 3 June 2017 – Transitions – Industry Think Tank, Melbourne. A half day meeting of invited industry representatives to explore how industry and academic research can build increased knowledge and product development capacity through greater collaboration in research.
- Canberra, Wednesday 22nd March 2017, 4pm-6pm at Charles Weston Primary School, 80 Woodberry Avenue, Coombs, ACT 2611 (Register here)
- Brisbane, Wednesday 3rd May 2017, 4-630pm, 141 Merton Road, WOOLLOONGABBA QLD 4102 (Registration open soon).
These regional workshops will be held throughout the project in Australia and New Zealand to share findings and provide a forum for local teachers and principals to meet with the project team and partner organisations. Consent form to participate in workshop and information about data collected at the workshop.
- 9th – 10th February, 2017 – Talking Spaces – Annual conference showcasing current research in learning environments, Melbourne School of Design, The University of Melbourne – Registration and information here. (Previous conferences available
- 21st November, 2016. 10am – 3pm. A QLD Department of Education event. Research Partnerships making a difference – A showcase of DET funded research partnerships. here.
- 9th November 2016, 8:30am to 3:15pm – A short course on Classroom Acoustics – How Innovative Learning Environments are Changing the Educational Playing Field at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank as part of Acoustics 2016. Details here. This course is for acousticians, government agencies, architects, educational facility managers, educationalists, principals, teachers and anyone else who is committed to improving the educational environment and promoting enhanced learning outcomes for the current and future generations of students.
- 3 June, 2016 – LEARN International Graduate Research Symposium, WHAT’S WORKING? Informing education theory, design and practice through learning environment evaluation,
- Project Launch University of Melbourne, 2 June, 2016.The official launch of the project and meeting of all project partners.