Steelcase was founded as a manufacturer of metal office furniture over 100 years ago in the USA. It is now an international company with a strong interested in education – helping schools, colleges and universities create the most effective, rewarding and inspiring active learning environments to meet the evolving needs of students and educators. Using an insight-led research and innovation in furniture, tools and technologies for learning spaces, Steelcase aim to understand how learning best takes place and how smarter, active learning spaces can help facilitate student learning outcomes.
Steelcase provides a range of resources and activities to support the use of furniture and development of learning environments:
- Steelcase Education Website provides resources and tools for education providers.
- Education Case Studies
- Insights and Applications Guide
- 360 Magazine Education Edition
- Steelcase 360 Research Article on Engagement
- White Papers
- Inside Higher Ed webinar, Beyond the Classroom, Changing Culture Through Environment
- Steelcase Education YouTube Channel
- Funding research through the Active Learning Centre Grant for Schools (in the US with possible future program in Aust) aims to identify and support leading educators and educational institutions looking to implement and expand active learning initiatives by leveraging physical learning space
- Research partner with Delany College in Granville, Western Sydney. A partnership with Catholic Education Office’s Parramatta Diocese, The University of Sydney, Telstra and Cisco,
Space impacts behavior. Watch how design thinking is transforming classrooms and learning spaces around the world. Sean M. Corcorran serves as General Manager of Steelcase Education Solutions in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Source: Steelcase Education, Youtube channel.