- Transitions Australasia Melbourne, Australia – Friday 2nd June 2017 @ the University of Melbourne.
- Transitions Europe London, United Kingdom – Thursday 7th September 2017 @ Saint Gobain Innovation Centre, London
- Transitions USA Grand Rapids, Michigan – Thursday 14th September 2017 @ Steelcase Education Centre, Grand Rapids.
REGISTRATION OPENING SOON
Teachers are being asked to move from traditional classrooms to what are being called innovative learning environments (ILEs) – a diversity of highly ﬂexible spaces, purpose-built furniture, and ubiquitous ICT, arguably present opportunities for teaching not previously possible.
TRANSITIONS will explore:
- How well are teachers making this transition?
- Are these spaces facilitating any improvement in teaching practices?
- What evidence exists that these spaces are improving student experiences and learning?
- What is needed to help teachers better utilise space as one of their pedagogic tools?
Now into its 4th year, the International LEaRN Graduate Research Symposium recognises that graduate researchers bring a wealth of practical experience and new thinking to issues such as this.
What is TRANSITIONS?
- A public research conference providing an opportunity for selected graduate and early career researchers to present their research across an international audience.
- 3 events across 3 continents
- A full conference proceedings and an edited book of selected papers will be produced from these events.
Who will present:
- Abstracts of papers are now being requested from beginning, established, or recently completed graduate researchers (Masters and PhD level, or equivalent), for one of the three events scheduled above.
- Those selected for presentation will be required to submit a draft paper prior to the event and full paper following the event (for inclusion in proceedings).
- If you feel your research informs this topic you are encouraged to submit a 300 word abstract via the link below.
- Further information including abstract guidelines, venues and event program are available here.
- Submit a TRANSITIONS abstract.
Abstracts due date:
- TRANSITIONS Australasia 6th March, 2017
- TRANSITIONS Europe 19th April, 2017
- TRANSITIONS USA 19th April 2017
(If abstracts submitted for the Australasian symposia are not selected, it will be possible to have these considered for the UK and USA symposia.)
Notification of selection:
- TRANSITIONS Australasia 3rd April, 2017
- TRANSITIONS Europe 15th May, 2017
- TRANSITIONS USA 15th May, 2017
Audience registration closing date:
- TRANSITIONS Australasia 5th May, 2017 (100 spaces available)
- TRANSITIONS Europe 3rd August, 2017 (75 spaces available)
- TRANSITIONS USA 3rd August, 2017 (75 spaces available)
For administration issues, including registration, please contact Joann Cattlin, ILETC Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: +61 3 9035 8694
For academic issues, please contact the symposium convenor: Associate Professor Wesley Imms, email@example.com